Both cannabinoids, THC, and CBD boast properties offering valuable medicinal benefits unique to themselves. That means you will see varied results based on taking the compounds separately or in combination. These substances note of being the two prominent cannabinoids comprising the cannabis plant with research being most concentrated on the ‘ratio’ of the two in determining how their effects are reproduced.
Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC and cannabidiol or CBD react differently with the cannabinoid receptors in the brain. The suggestion is that THC will bind with the CB1 receptor while CBD does so with CB2 and, at the same time, prevents CB1 from binding with THC. In this case, CBD can reduce some potential adverse effects such as paranoia, anxiety, and the intoxicating factor brought by THC. Take this to learn if CBD will show up in drug testing.
Choosing Cannabis Strains Most Beneficial For Your Needs
In determining which strains of cannabis will produce the type of effect you’re hoping for, it’s essential to understand the variations between cannabidiol and tetrahydrocannabinol.
The ratios for these two elements will be one of the determining factors for the results you achieve.
There are countless strains like Hawaiian Haze with diverse ratios available through a multitude of brands, both in real-time dispensary offerings or via online sites. Go to https://cheefbotanicals.com/product/cbd-hemp-flower-hawaiian-haze/ to see an example of a CBD variety. Having a general idea of how these ratios work will make selecting the appropriate products a much simpler process.
Identifying The Differences In The Ratios
Even slight variations in the ratio between cannabidiol and tetrahydrocannabinol can potentially affect the way cannabis reacts with your body chemistry. Research presents new case studies every moment, but summaries stand as follows, going from CBD to THC:
1) When there is no CBD to prevent psychoactive tendencies, there will be intoxicating effects. For some, this is a chosen option. But more people prefer the medicinal properties of medical marijuana over the ‘high’ characteristics. In this instance, the level would become too much.
Strains with this consistency tend to bring emotions inclusive of elevated mood, euphoria, and happiness. Claims suggest there can also be episodes of laughter and the potential for dizziness.
2) With CBD being dominant in this ratio, there are no intoxicating characteristics, but the claim is that there are still mood enhancements with this combination. The properties boast potential for therapeutic benefits in decreasing symptoms associated with mood disorders, epilepsy, and other ailments with few, if any, adverse reactions.
3) The suggestion here indicates a balance of the two compounds results in a mild psychoactive component with more exceptional qualities for medicinal effects with conditions including:
- Multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders
4) In this scenario, THC’s effects, including paranoia, anxiety, and euphoria, are eliminated. Ratios with a higher CBD strain tend to work better for sensitive people or those with less desire for the psychoactive effects. The THC element is so minimal; patients rarely notice its properties making options in this category better suited for kids as there are great therapeutic offerings with no intoxication.
CBD-dominant ratios of greater than 10 to 1 or strains that are high in this compound are particularly useful for people who suffer from anxiety, depression, or those enduring pediatric seizure or spasms.
A THC-dominant strain is often seen in a more recreational capacity. But it has shown properties that help in cases of pain symptoms, nausea, migraines, insomnia, and in use with stress management.
There’s not a certain ratio, concentration, or a strain that’s ideal for every person. The various combinations of the compounds shown just provide an outline to give some guidance. When you consume these products for medicinal purposes, the idea is to personalize them to your needs. Your specific sensitivity to THC will decide your dose and which ratio you need to incorporate for effective results.
Adequate strength and dose are factored based on what you’re treating and your personal tastes. Some people have no tolerance for the intoxicating characteristics, while others prefer the sensation believing it in some ways assists in alleviating their symptoms. In either case, don’t neglect to obtain valuable input from a healthcare provider.